Save Money Without a Park Hopper Ticket?
If you’ve been doing your research on discount and cheap tickets for Disney World, then you may have the impression that a Park Hopper ticket is the way to go. And, depending on the price, duration of your stay, and other factors, it could prove to be a good value. However, we’re of the persuasion that the Park Hopper tickets aren’t the end-all-be-all ticket plans. Here’s why:
- The Park Hopper Ticket is an add-on you can purchase for your Base Ticket. With a Base Ticket, you can enter into any park that you want and enjoy all of its amenities. However, the standard Base Ticket only allows you to go into one park per day.
- With your Park Hopper Ticket, however, you can enter into as many parks as you desire to visit in one day. Sounds pretty good, right? Well, we think that unless you’re trying to pack all of Disney World into three days, it’s just not necessary.
- The truth is, every Disney World Park, from the Magic Kingdom to the Animal Kingdom, offers a full day of fun and excitement for all ages. Trust us – you aren’t going to “get bored” with Animal Kingdom in just 6-8 hours. You might get tired, but not bored!
- While the Park Hopper Ticket appears to be an added convenience, in most cases it’s just not necessary.
- Our rule of thumb: visit one park per day, and see Disney World the right way! Of course, this isn’t possible for all park visitors. If you only have three or four days in Disney World (with no prospect of returning anytime soon), then a Park Hopper could be a good value.
What’s your take on the Park Hopper debate? Do you think they’re an effective method of seeing Disney World, or do you prefer to stick to your Base Ticket and see one park per day? Weigh in with your opinion in the comments section below!